Last Updated on 5 months by Mukesh
EWS Certificate Application 2022: The Central Government of India tries to cover the residents who belong to the Backward Classes and Extremely Weaker Sections (EWS). With the help of the EWS certificate, the government wanted to provide them with good education, financial assistance, employment opportunities, and much more. And to take benefit, citizens of India have to apply for ‘EWS Certificate’ and get verified by the Government of India. The eligible candidate with an EWS certificate always gets 10% reservation quota while applying for government jobs or government schools.
In this post, We will explain in detail the steps to Apply for EWS Certificate Application 2022, the required document, Criteria, benefits, etc.
EWS Certificate Application 2022
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar started the concept of reservation criteria in 1950. He encouraged the weaker sections of the society like Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Backward Classes (BC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and other sections in the Indian Constitution. To give them a chance to fight for their rights and showcase their hidden talents.
To avail of the benefits of the EWS certificate, residents have to clear the eligibility criteria set up by the government of India. Read till the end to get more information about the EWS Certificate application 2022.
EWS Certificate In Detailed
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) defined as “a sub-category of people who belong to the economically based unreserved category with an annual income of less ₹8,00,000 and doesn’t belong to other any category such as SC/ST/OBC across India”.
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) can be defined as “sub-category of people who belong to economically based unreserved category having annual income less than ₹ 8,00,000 and have not belong to other category like ST/ ST/OBC”.
The Indian President approved the EWS Certificate bill on 12th Jan 2019, under which Indian residents who belong to the EWS category will get a 10% reservation when applying for any government job/admission into government schools. The President approved the moment bill, and Gujarat became the first state to adopt and implement it in its state for the welfare of the residents.
EWS Certificate Benefits
The benefits of the EWS Certificate are countless, and only applicants with a legitimate Income & Asset Certificate will receive the benefits of the certificate. We filtered some major benefits of these certificates that candidates will get after applying for the EWS Certificate are listed below:
- The candidates can ask for their rights on numerous government schemes.
- The reservation will also provide financial help to those who are in need.
- All the central universities under UGC must follow the EWS reservation and give seats to the EWS category candidates.
- The candidate can also have an amount of subsidy on the schemes provided by the Central & State government for the welfare of the residents.
Required documents for EWS Certificate
While applying for the application form, candidates are required to submit certain documents, the list of which is available below:
- Affidavit/Self Declaration.
- Aadhaar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Resident/Domicile certificate.
- Scanned passport-size photograph.
- Land/Property documents.
- Other documents.
EWS Certificate – Eligibility Criteria & Application Fee
To use the profits that come with the EWS certificate, citizens must mark the eligibility level as finalized by the government. If they fail to reach the eligibility criteria, then they will not be allowed to apply for EWS certificate, and those criteria are explained in the table below:
While applying for the EWS certificate, candidates are supposed to pay a small application fee. The State Revenue department will decide the application fee amount, which simply means that the application fee will not be the same in all Indian states. The applicant has to submit the payment through an online/offline medium (Net Banking, Card, BHIM UPI, Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft). Currently, any detail about the application fee isn’t available, but we will revert back once we receive any update regarding the application fee.
Definition of Family
In the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you must’ve read the term ‘Family,’ and the family will only include a list of the following family members:
- Candidate’s Parent & Spouse.
- Siblings & Children below the age of 18 years.
Issuing Authority for EWS Certificate
The EWS/Income and Asset Certificate will be issued & verified by various authorities in each state. The authorities might be different, but the application form format prescribed by the Indian government will be the same across the country. The authorities who have been given the responsibility to verify the certificate are:
- Additional District Magistrate/District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Taluka Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Executive Magistrate
- Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/Chief Presidency Magistrate
- The authority of the District Revenue Officer can also provide the EWS Certificate.
- The authority below the Sub-Divisional Officer & Tehsildar rank is not eligible to give the EWS certificate to the candidate.
Application Process for EWS Certificate 2022
The state will decide through which medium they want to receive the EWS application form (Online/Offline). For online application, candidates must visit the State Revenue Department and complete the procedure as per the instructions on the website. Then, follow the steps to apply for EWS certificate in the below section :
- Visit the state’s official website accepting application forms via online medium.
- After arriving on the portal’s home page, search for ‘Income Certificate’, and after receiving success in locating it select it, and a new web page will open.
- Enter the specific details asked on the registration form, and once they are completed tap on the ‘Submit’ option.
- You will get a provisional application number/registration number on your contact number.
- Enter that login details and the application will be visible in front of your eyes.
- Fill up the empty boxes given inside the application form with the particulars asked.
- Now upload the scanned files of the documents in a precise format specified by the government.
- It’s the candidate’s responsibility to upload legitimate documents duly signed by the authorities of the Indian government.
- After entering the details and uploading of documents, pay the application fee through Internet Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card, BHIM UPI and many more.
- The applicant must pay the fee. If they tried to skip the payment step, then application form will not be accepted.
- Finish the online method by downloading the application & e-fee receipt on your device or takeout its printout along with multiple photocopies to avoid future mishappenings.
The format of the application form provided by the government of India is the same across the country. The candidate should be smart enough to carefully note the details and correctly ask inside the application form. Suppose the authorities come across that the details don’t match the eligibility. In that case, they will teach the applicants the correct procedure for how to fill out the EWS Certificate application form. The candidates can submit one application form at a time.
How to regenerate forgotten password?
If you forgot your profile password, you don’t have to panic. Instead, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the portal’s home page, the option of ‘Forgot Password’ will be available.
- Please select it and enter your registration number, and the captcha code is given on-screen.
- After Fill the details, click on ‘Get OTP’,
- Enter your new password that you want to set. One more thing, try to keep it simple and short, so that you can remember it in the future.
Steps to check application form status
- Visit the official portal of your state.
- On the portal’s home page, click on ‘Login’ and fill in your login details.
- Then, click on your submitted application form.
- On your screen will show the status of your application form.
EWS Certificate Validity
Some essential pointers about the EWS Certificate validity are shared with you, so go through them carefully:
- To enjoy the lifetime benefits of the certificate, applicants have to renew and update it within a certain time period.
- The official validity of the EWS Certificate is one year.
- Online facility has been provided to selected states to renew the EWS certificate. This helps in reducing the wastage of time and travel expenses.
- However, the time period in which the certificate must be updated is every six months for some states.
- For offline renewal, candidates must visit the same Common Service Centre (CSC) from where they applied for their respective EWS certificates.
The latest reservation percentages prevailing in the country for various categories are set out below:
State-Wise EWS Application Link
To apply for EWS / Income and Asset Certificate candidates can go through the following table or check the status of online submitted application form. The complete details of EWS certificate application will also be available on the state portal:
FAQ’s About EWS Application 2022
A. Candidates are advised to fill another form if the link for application form is open.
EWS full form is ‘Economically Weaker Section’.
CERTIFICATE (I&AC) REQUIRED FOR AVAILING THE BENEFIT OF RESERVATION. UNDER ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS (EWSs) (i) District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy. Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary.
Eligibility: Any person who is not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC, ST and OBC and whose family’s gross annual income is less than Rs.8 (Rupees eight lakh only) as EWS for the benefit of reservation is to be recognized.
The time period for the EWS certificate issuance process varies from state to state. Normally, it takes 21 days to process the EWS certificate.
The annual income of the family of the candidate should be less than ₹ 8lakh,
They should have citizenship of India.
The EWS/Income and Asset Certificate form can be easily downloaded from the official portal of the state or by visiting the nearest Common Service Centre. Links for different states are also available above.
The main benefit to apply for EWS certificate is to get 10% reservation in government jobs and relaxation during admission in schools or colleges.